The Best of the Emerging Church-2006
|The Best of The Emerging Church 2006 Recognizing the most poignant writings, books read, voices, artists, bands and feedback from you, the readers, writers, musicians, poets, explorers, adventurers, sojourners...the people who live The Porpoise Diving Life©.
Of course, these are the opinions of this Editor and the feedback we have received from you, the readers. Gifts are intended to spread joy, to expand, and bless others.
We hope they bless you as they have blessed us.
- Best PDL Article in 2006 - Jim Henderson - The 41st Day Syndrome - The most widely read and referred to article about The PDL.
- Best New Voice in 2006 - Jim Palmer - Author of Divine Nobodies
- Best PDL Poem 2006 - Cathy Allen - The Testing of Love
- Best ezine for 2006 - Next-Wave - Thanks again, Charlie Wear.
- Best Storyteller of 2006 - Jeff Jacobson - So I Go Now. See the extensive book review of Jeff's book at Donald Miller's site at: http://www.burnsidewriterscollective.com/reviews/books/j/
- Best Conference in 2006 - Hands Down!!! Off-The-Map's Revolution Conference in Seattle, WA USA. Nice job Jim Henderson and team!
- Best Undiscovered Artist 2006 - Tim Donahue.
- Best CD/Best Band for 2006 - Byword. These fella's can play, sing and write. They also live it. I adore the diversity in their work.
- Best illustrator/cartoonist 2006 - Rob Woodrum
- Best Book About Protestantism in America - Diana Butler Bass - Christianity For The Rest of Us.
- Best Books I Read in 2006 - I read about 100 a year and THESE blessed me the most. Include Diana Butler-Bass's work and Mike Erre's book on this list. Click Here.
- It's About Time - 2006 - Mike Erre's The Jesus of Suburbia. I've watched and listened to Mike for many years. I've always been blessed by him(so has my wife). I hope you will buy this book. I hope it's the first of many more to come. Mike's is a voice and a heart that deserves attention.
- Holy Smoke! Award for 2006 - George Barna's book, Revolution. Once again, leave it to Barna to recognize the smoke smoldering within the the soul of a nation.
- Whaddya Smokin Award for 2006 - Spencer Burke and Barry Taylor's A Heretic's Guide to Eternity. I remain confident that this is, and will continue to be, A Manifesto for a Movement...even though there may be three or four of us out here.
- 2006 Best Book by a Lay-Person (Anyone without an MDiv., in seminary, paid by a church, unemployed former pastor/missionary etc., seminary drop-out) about the issues of God and daily life - No Award - Why - Because publishers continue to publish from the top down, when this revolution is about bottom-up. Anybody seen Don Miller lately?
- Best Book I Read in 2006 That You Probably Won't - - Jeff Jacobson - So I Go Now. See the extensive book review of Jeff's book at Donald Miller's site at: http://www.burnsidewriterscollective.com/reviews/books/j/
- 2006 Can't Wait For Your Next Book Award - Four-way tie between Jeff Jacobson - So I Go Now and Jim Palmer - Author of Divine Nobodies and Jim Henderson and Mike Erre.
- Transformation Award - 2006 - Erwin Raphael McManus's new book Soul Cravings. Indicative of how the most recent of a series of books from one author evidences God's ongoing transformation of the person. Thanks Erwin. Devour this book.
- Follow The Leader Award for 2006 - Charlie Wear - Charlie left his law firm in L.A. and moved to Tampa with his family. "Just following God," he said.
- Best Impact Communicator/Navigator 2006 - Sojourners - Jim Wallis.